How to Reach Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
MAP OF KATARNIAGHAT
- Area : 550sq. km.( including buffer zone)
- Location : The sanctuary is located in Behraich district of Uttar Pradesh, along the indo-Nepal border.
- Altitude : Between 170 mtrs. and 190 mtrs. Above sea level.
- Season : 15th November to 15th June.
- Local Transport : Coach / Jeep / Boat ride is also available to the tourists.
AIR Nearest airport : Amausi , Lucknow -215 km.
RAIL The railway station in the sanctuary are at Kakraha , Murtiha, Nishangarah and Bichhia, They are located on the Gonda-Behraich Branch railway line ( meter gauge) of NER. KATARNIAGHAT can be approached from Gonda also , Which is situated on the main railway line from Lucknow to Gorakhpur.
ROAD The sanctuary is located at a distance of 205 km from Lucknow, 60 km from Behraich – Nanpara route and about 7 km from the Nepal boarder. The best way to go KATARNIAGHAT is by road from Lucknow .the first range of KATARNIAGHAT WLS – Motipur is around 205 km from Lucknow via the cities of Sitapur and Lucknow. From Lakhimpur one has to take the “Assam Road” towards Beharaich till Mihinprwa, where a forest department barrier welcome one to KATARNIAGHAT.